This page outlines the “teach your children godly sexuality” workshop and links to the relevant blog posts. These posts will eventually be incorporated into a handy little book in 2017 together with some handy little summary cards and checklists in the resources section of my website johnspencerwrites.com.
If you’re not whole then it’s hard to pass wholeness onto your children.
A brief introduction to dealing with your inheritance – but they’ll be questions for reflection and prayers throughout the course.
Your children learn most about sexuality through how you as parents live your life.
Hence by loving your spouse well you will impart more than anything you could ever say.
Children learn best when they feel loved and they respect and trust you.
I outline the basic principles of godly parenting so that you become a source of grace (rather than law) to them.
Our sexuality is good because it reflects the:
- community of the trinity
- oneness of the trinity
- love of the trinity
- delight and joy in the trinity
- the joy of the trinity in creation
- the ultimate ecstasy of our union with Christ
Dealing with your inheritance – questions for thought and prayer on the goodness of our sexuality.
Our sexuality images our holy God
Our sexuality is holy because it reflects the:
- inseparable intimate oneness of the trinity- we are joined in body, soul and spirit
- covenantal love of God – our joining is designed for life
- eternal cascade of love from the Father
- consummation of Christ and His Bride.
Dealing with your inheritance – questions for thought and prayer on the holiness of our sexuality.
God has called parents to be the primary communicators of his ways (Dt 6:7)
- …with both taking their part as both are needed to make up the full image of God
- …in everyday life not in lectures
- …in stories not in rules/morals
- …full of grace and truth
- …as a sinner speaking of a saviour